What is Mechanical Design?
The mechanical design process involves creating a machine with a specific purpose for a task. There is a close relationship between mechanical design and industrial design. For this reason, design engineers in both areas must always be in touch. PLG Global offers both high-grade mechanical design and industrial design. We invite you to work with our team of experienced design engineers and become part of the Link to the Future with us. If you would like to find out how we determine the appropriate mechanical design for your product, you can get an idea below.
How to do Mechanical Design?
- Understanding the application:
The first step our design engineers take is to understand the product’s specific details to meet your needs.
We have a team for each application to define the new concept of the product design. At this point, they take the customer reviews, technical approaches and material preferences into account and have a debate over each issue respectively.
- Individual idea development:
After the debate and brainstorming stage, each team member works alone for approximately half an hour to produce ideas. At the end of this process, each team member figures out the technical facts on design specifications, and this process sets the ground for an upcoming debate.
- Expand the idea:
Team members explain their ideas, and the whole team views each. Then, the final decision is carried off to the patent owner to be approved. The team finally starts working as a group to provide you with the perfect solution according to your specifications.
- Feasibility analysis:
The part is analysed and checked regarding mechanical feasibility according to its CAD data. This process is crucial because it enables us to ensure the product works smoothly before mass production begins.
- Visual presentation of the final concept:
Advantages of Mechanical Design
- Ensuring that your product functions smoothly.
- Analysing your product’s weak spots according to CAD data, through which you can control your product’s life cycle.
- Minimising the risk before mass production through an external view of the mechanical design.
Critical Factors When Processing
- Taking industrial design into account, which is a closely related area.
- Specialised industrial and mechanical design engineers should be working concurrently.
- Industrial and mechanical design are the keystones of product design.